UPDATED Story: Pinball FX 2 Announced For Xbox One
NOTE: This story was updated on July 29th when new info became available.
Zen Studios have announced that Pinball FX 2 will be released on the Xbox One this August.
The Xbox One version of Pinball FX 2 will run at 60 frames per second and in 1080p. It will also boast a new menu and have new achievements.
As with Pinball FX 2 on the Xbox 360, the Xbox One version of Pinball FX 2 will be free, and it will also come with a free copy of their Sorcerer’s Lair table.
Zen also announced that the initial line-up will include the following tables:
• Captain America
• Doctor Strange
• Earth Defense
• Epic Quest
• Fantastic Four
• Marvel Civil War
• Marvel Pinball Avengers Chronicles: World War Hulk, Infinity Gauntlet, The Avengers, and Fear Itself
• Marvel Pinball pack: Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, and Blade
• Marvel Pinball Vengeance and Virtue: Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Thor, and X-Men
• Pinball FX2 Core pack: Biolab, Pasha, Rome, Secrets of the Deep
• Plants VS. Zombies
• Star Wars Pinball Original pack: Episode V, Boba Fett, The Clone Wars
• Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Darth Vader
• Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within: Episode IV A New Hope, Han Solo, Droids, Masters of the Force
• Zen Classics: Shaman, El Dorado, Tesla and V12
In addition, the upcoming Walking Dead table will be coming for the Xbox One version of Pinball FX 2 as well.
In the announcement, Mel Kirk, VP of Publishing at Zen Studios, said, “With the release of Pinball FX2 on Xbox One, we have closed the loop and can now offer our fans a complete virtual pinball experience, regardless of their system preference. We’ve got a lot of great things planned for the newest generation of consoles when it comes to pinball, so stay tuned for some awesome new stuff from Zen Studios.”
Gamers who previously bought any tables on the Xbox 360 version of Zen Pinball 2 will, like their PlayStation brethren, be able to transfer those tables to the Xbox One edition. Originally, this was not going to be the case, but on July 29th, two days before the game was to come out, Zen Studios announced that you would be able to import your tables, though implementing this new feature did delay the game by a month.
For those who don’t already own them, the above tables will be either $2.49 or $2.99 each for single tables, and $9.99 for the packs.
For more info on Pinball FX 2 for the Xbox One, or any of their pinball tables, visit Zen Studio’s website.
One thought on “UPDATED Story: Pinball FX 2 Announced For Xbox One”
Makes you wonder how Xbox owners let themselves get ripped off with things like this the last 10 years. Well done to Sony yet again for making Microsoft look bad that they had to change their ways AFTER their latest console bombs.
Now STOP making people pay multiple times for games like Halo Spartan Assault you greedy buggers, its the EXACT SAME GAME on every format it was released on.